Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Creative Coaching at Central Normal School Day 13

Very last session (I was going to leave the students with Tracye for this one, but couldn’t stop myself popping in to make sure everything was going to plan!)

I’ve loved working with the students, and although it’s fantastic to see the finished results I am a little bit sad about ending the project! It’s been just delightful to see their ideas and work out with them how they could develop them, to watch a few brave ones start again and get a better result, and to see their characters and storylines take shape and meaning. It’s a huge task to put so many skills together to make a finished project – starting from writing a workable story through to design and illustration. It’s something that I’ve never had to do myself, and I’m so pleased that they’ve all managed to complete a picture-book that they, and Tracye and I, are proud of.

Having Tracye to work with was fabulous – we really made a good team. She had wonderful ideas about illustrations, kept the class motivated and energetic, and helped me out with grammar!

It’s been a very worthwhile project to be part of, and I hope the students will keep on creating and developing their skills. We’re all very grateful to Book Council for making this possible, it’s been a great team to be on.

Diana Neild, Pig Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment