Monday, September 6, 2010

Api Blog

On Monday I went to Kaitaia College.
A day had been set aside for planning. The planning actually took about three minutes.
I therefore spent some time doing poetry workshops with the students.

The workshops were based on the energy and power of words and how to utilise it.
We also wrote poems based on developing original images in poems. I gave the students freee reign to write about Kataia. I got a mixture of positive and negative poetry about Kataia, which I thought was okay as I gave them permission to write and say what they liked.

On Tuesday I was at Oturu School. Fraser has done a fair bit of background research.
We are looking at ways of incorporating his information into the students work. The students wrote positive emails about Oturu as well as several other poems.

I did simililar exercises at Ahipara.

No comments:

Post a Comment